Posted by Gabel

Right now we are in the middle of cutting the joinery for a nice big timber frame horse barn that we will be raising next month in the next county over.

I have always loved traditional barn architecture and this one is a beauty. We are using kiln dried douglas fir timbers that were resawn after drying to give them a fresh bandsawn surface. There are 503 timbers in this barn and there are over one hundred knee braces.
I've been thinking lately about some of the nice old timber frame barns I've seen and studied and how maybe some day in a couple of hundred years some young carpenter will be climbing around on the tie beams, studying the tool marks and trying to figure out how we did it.

This entry was posted at Tuesday, January 15, 2013 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I think that timber framing is very classic. I like this type of architecture as well. I love wooden beams so much that I want to have exposed wooden beams in the new home I am building.
Gary Puntman | http://www.newcastleframentruss.com.au/products-services1

July 28, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Anonymous  

I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, Busarakham.

January 8, 2020 at 9:56 PM

Post a Comment